To strengthen its Biocontrol Manufacturing team, Biotalys is looking for a (Sr) Research Associate to join the Formulation team.
Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees and our Biocontrol manufacturing team in Belgium Biotalys is looking for a (Sr) Research Associate Formulation.
Scope of your job
You will contribute to the optimization of existing formulations for AGROBODY™ biocontrol plant protection products, maximizing the bioavailability and the impact on the target organism in commercial settings. You will:
- Explore and evaluate novel formulation technologies and co-formulants, to maximize the stability of the AGROBODY™ bioactives and the bioavailability of the biocontrols across indications, in a wide range of application methods and fields
- Identify physical-chemical characterization of existing and new formulations
- Plan and execute experiments independently, interpret and report the results and propose follow-up steps. Actively participate in functional and project teams, prioritize work based on the team deliverables and complete assignments accordingly
- Support the engagement with third party service, equipment or technology providers as per the overall formulation strategy
- Work in close collaboration with IP and Legal
What we are looking for
You have technical experience in the development of formulations for biological and/or chemical active ingredients, protein-based bioactives, and protein chemistry. You are goal oriented, organized, capable of working on multiple projects, and able to execute objectives to meet company goals. As a team player, you enjoy the company spirit to turn challenges into opportunities for better Food & Crop protection.
- Experience with analytical tools is desirable
- Excellence in scientific rigor and quality
- Keen to learn and to share expertise with others
- Capable of thinking out-of-the-box and open-minded
- Good communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
- Degree Bachelor/Master of Science (Industrial Engineer), Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in agrochemical formulation are a plus
- At least 5 years of working experience in industry
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply by e-mail and send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com